Friday, April 29, 2011

Five Foot Drawing


This project was definitely a learning experience for me. Firstly, I got the chance to study Matisse. I found his use of pattern and color inspiring. I'm glad I took the chance to take a closer look at his work because I can definitely say I appreciate it more than I had previous to this assignment. Although I could have definitely used more pattern in my own drawing, I enjoyed creating work with Matisse as a reference. My biggest struggle with this assignment was working with one of my friends as a model. It really made me appreciate the payed models we have in drawing class. First, I had to find times in which we'd both be available to work on the drawing. Then, even though I told her to get in the most comfortable position for her, she could only sit for about twenty minutes at a time and complained incessantly. It was also very difficult to get her to stay in the same position. From this experience, the most valuable thing I probably learned was to be dependent only on myself when it comes to my assignments. I had to do a lot of the drawing without a model and it was very frustrating but I made things work the best that I could. Defiantly a learning experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment